PLASTIPOLIS has been officially appointed on 12th July 2005, as France’s competitiveness cluster for the plastic industry sector. Plastipolis has more than 250 active members (industrial companies, R&D centres, training centres,…).
- Promote the growth of the French plastics industry and find new applications through technological innovation.
- Inspire small and medium business in the plastics industry to innovate
- Improve the sharing of industrial and academic skills through networking and establishing new partnerships.
Plastipolis has established six main research and development axes to create pathways for new innovative projects:
- Micro- and nano-structuring : Development of products with new features in the field of micro-plastics.
- Materials and compounds: Mastering of materials and interactions between materials and processes.
- Intelligent products : Extension of the plastics sector to the world of electronics to bring new features to products.
- Tools and processes : Reduction in design time, production time and related costs and search for products which are richer in functions
- Composites: Development of composite materials in various growing markets.
- Eco-plastics : Integration of the overall development approach in the design, manufacture and use of products.
Département Innovation technologique
PLASTIPOLIS – Pôle de compétitivité Plasturgie
BP 10 029 Bellignat – 180 rue Pierre et Marie Curie – 01 115 Oyonnax Cedex
Tel. : 04 74 12 19 23 – Fax.: …24 – Port. : 06 37 72 05 63